22 – 29 July 2016
The Interdisciplinary Faculty Seminar is addressed to motivated junior faculty and doctoral students from across disciplines, with an interest on interdisciplinary education beyond the formal format, who wish to develop expertise on new topics and methodologies, stimulate the inclusion of these skills in their research and curriculum, broaden their scope of teaching, and extend research collaborations.
This new T.I.C.L.S. initiative is launched as a forum for faculty members to share insight in advanced and timely topics that are relevant but beyond the scholarly areas covered in particular academic units, engage in interdisciplinary debate addressing some of society’s most vexing problems with a global perspective on good governance, sustainable development and social transformation and, furthermore, identify new possibilities for collaborative cross-academic projects in research, teaching, or outreach.
- Discuss with peers experiences on the contemporary concept of Interdisciplinarity
- Practice teaching methods in an interactive multicultural diverse group of students at a concurrent T.I.C.L.S. program
- Attend the workshop on how to build leadership competencies, and soft skills, for personal and professional progress
- Acquire broader education on contemporary global issues, in economy and geopolitics, further to standard work qualifications
- Develop intercultural competences and communication skills, for career development and retention, shifting from a single-country mindset to a global one
- Expand your network
- Meet and discuss with prominent Academics and personalities from around the world
- Enjoy a week at Chania, one of the top resorts in the Mediterranean
- Explore Greek culture and the Greek mentality
Cost: 500 euros all included on site * (subsidized for part time tutoring). For payment options click here
To apply click here
Optional: the 4rth Chania Med Forum participation at a preferred fee