The International Center for Leading Studies (TICLS) in cooperation with the Greek Association of Atlantic and European Cooperation (GAAEC) offer this one week, multi-national, intensive academic program -in conjunction with the ILA module- and the professional level Chania Med Forum on "Economy, Energy, Politics & Power".
The program includes informative visits to restricted military NATO bases in Souda bay as well as educational visits to museums & archaeological sites and formal receptions and dinners.
Application is online at www.ticls.org/iss-registration
Seats are limited to 40 (first come, first served)
- The Program will be held and participants will be housed at the Mediterranean Agricultural Institute of Chania Dormitory building
- The Chania Med-Forum on "Economy, Energy, Politics & Power" will begin on Thursday evening July 27, followed by reception. Elected, appointed, diplomatic, military and private sector leaders, decision makers and other attendees, will be discussing the issues, Friday and Saturday.
- Participants will meet with officials and tour the NATO Maritime Interdiction Operational training Center, NATO Missile Firing Installation, and other important sites in the area.
- A Grand Tour of Cretan Tradition is scheduled for Sunday July 30. Students, faculty, speakers and guests will visit the Monumental Olive Tree of Vouves (oldest in the world), a graviera cheese making factory, see how olive oil is produced, visit a vineyard and taste wines of a winery. The tour includes the Venizelos graves site, with an amazing view over the Chania area, and culminates going through a gorge, for which Crete is famous for, at the village of Therissos, where the Venizelos Revolution Headquarters were, for a traditional Cretan dinner at the "Rebels Tavern”.
Program cost 1300 € all inclusive (including accommodation and meal plan).
Some regional Fellowships are available. Please contact us for further details.
- Registration and tuition fees
- Accommodation in double A/C rooms
- Full meal plan (Mediterranean diet focused)
- Educational material
- Forum Conference package
- Coffee/tea breaks
- Forum Welcome/ice breaking reception
- Cretan dinner with Cretan traditional dances
- All Forum coffee/tea breaks
- Exclusive visits to restricted NATO military bases at Souda Bay (as above)
- Guided tours and entry fees to Chania Museums ( Maritime Museum, Venizelos mansion Museum, Typography Museum / since Gutenberg, etc.)
- Wi-Fi access
- Sports facilities (soccer, basketball. volley ball, tennis, table tennis)
- A grand tour of Cretan tradition (as above)
- Attendance Certificate / ECTS - University credit
Payment options are provided here. Please be aware that you need to deposit at least 50% of the fee to reserve your seat until 10 June.